Major Breny E. Clain is the Security Forces Commander in the 190th Mission Support Group, Forbes Field Topeka.
Maj Clain received her commission upon graduating from the Reserve Officer Training Corps program, from Northern Arizona University, in 2013. Thereafter she completed Undergraduate Air Battle Manager Training at Tyndall AFB, Florida, in 2014. Her first operational assignment was with the 964th Airborne Air Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Oklahoma, where she served in several prominent positions, including Flight Commander, Executive Officer, and Deputy Director of Staff. Maj Clain’s advanced knowledge and expertise led her to being selected as the Deputy Director of Personnel for the 552d Air Control Wing, Tinker AFB, Oklahoma. In 2020 Maj Clain transferred into the Kansas Air National Guard, where she served as the Inspector General Director of Inspections and then the Wing Executive officer, prior to being selected for her current position.
2013 Bachelor of Science in Mathematics with Aerospace Studies Minor, Northern Arizona University, Ariz.
2014 Undergraduate Air Battle Manager Training, Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla.
2015 Air Weapons Officer Initial Qualification Training, Tinker AFB, Okla.
1. October 2013 – September 2014, Student, Undergraduate Air Battle Management Training, 337th Air Control Squadron, Tyndall Air Force Base, Fla.
2. September 2014 – April 2015, E-3 Air Battle Manager Student, 552d Training Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
3. April 2015 – July 2015, E-3 Air Battle Manager/Air Weapons Officer, 964th Airborne Air Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
4. July 2015 – September 2016, Executive Officer, 964th Airborne Air Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
5. September 2016 – August 2017, Assistant Flight Commander, 964th Airborne Air Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
6. August 2017 – February 2018, CSS Flight Commander, 964th Airborne Air Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
7. February 2018 – August 2018, Deputy Director of Staff, 964th Airborne Air Control Squadron, Tinker AFB, Okla.
8. August 2018 – August 2019, Deputy Director of Personnel, 55d Air Control Wing, Tinker AFB, Okla.
9. November 2019 – July 202, Intel Officer, 190th Operations Support Squadron, Forbes Field, Kans.
10. July 2020 – April 2021, Director of Inspections, 190th Air Refueling Wing, Forbes Field, Kans.
11. April 2021 – Present, Wing Executive Officer, 190th Air Refueling Wing, Forbes Field, Kans.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Commendation Medal
Meritorious Unit Award, Two Oak Leaf Clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
AF Longevity Service Award, One Oak Leaf Cluster
AF Training Ribbon
Rating: Air Battle Manager
Flight Hours: 452 hours
Combat Hours: 222 total hours
Aircraft Flown: E-3 B/C/G
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, August 22, 2013
First Lieutenant, August 22, 2015
Captain, August 22, 2017
Major, September 10, 2022
(Current as of Sep 2023)